Friday, June 30, 2006

Off the Grid

Thanks to an unbelievable blunder by our local cable/internets provider, it looks like I'll be offline until next Wednesday. Three weeks ago, I called and made arrangements to transfer our cable/internets to our new home; the appointment was supposed to occur tomorrow between 8-12 PM. I called and confirmed the appointment two weeks ago. Tuesday of this week, I called to triple check the appointment. The company had a disconnect scheduled but no transfer. WTF? I'm not sure how they did it, but the company managed to drop the ball on that one. Seriously, how do you have an appointment scheduled and then the appointment just vanishes? As a result of the screw up, it will be Wednesday of next week before the tech can stop by our new place of residence.

Speaking of which, the moving is going well. Most of smaller stuff is moved and we've started shifting furniture and what not over. By the end of tomorrow, the only remaining items will be appliances and furniture; we're taking care of the big stuff Saturday morning. For all who wish to contact us, our phone number is supposed to remain the same (phone transfer is scheduled for Friday). We'll see if the transfer goes without any problems.

I'll still have internet access via school--I'll be at school all next week for the start of summer session--so I should be available via email.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th. Please be careful--the 4th of July is the second largest Amateur Day of the year. Any guesses to what I consider the Autentic Amateur Drinkers Day? By amateur I mean that everyone thinks he or she knows how to drink like a professional, er, alcoholic. The result is a lot of people drunk beyond their ability to maintain even a modicum of self respect. Yuck.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I'm guessing New Year's Eve/Day.