Tuesday, February 14, 2006

X3

Okay, so I submitted my formal request for the Battlestar Galactica DVD sets. While composing the request I thought to myself, "I wonder if I could get the school to spring for an academic version of the new WordPerfect Office Suite?* Since I'm more familiar with WP, I'm more academically productive when using that application. I write lecture notes, conference proposals, and journal articles using WordPerfect. Heck, it's worth a try." So I add the request to the DVD sets (which had already been informally approved by TPTB).

Two hours later, both expenses . . . approved. Guess what I'm ordering tomorrow?

*The tech folks at the school only support Word. I'm sorry, but I REALLY don't get what's so special about Word. I've been using WordPerfect since 1992 and find it a far better word processor application. The "reveal codes" function itself makes WP a superior product. I have to use Word on an almost daily basis and it's far more difficult to make formatting adjustments. Wordperfect rules!

No comments: