Monday, February 06, 2006

Bush Sucks

Just so people don't think I'm growing soft in my old age, I still think the President and his cronies are the most unethical bunch of pretenders to ever reign in the White House. The latest bit of appalling chicanery occured during the State of the Union address. Cindy Sheehan, the well known peace protestor, was arrested for wearing a t-shirt reading, "2245 Dead. How many more?" An excellent question, don't you think? She wasn't raising a ruckus, she wasn't shouting down the President. To make a long story short, she was arrested and removed from the premises. Unclaimed Territory-By Glen Greenwald has an excellent discussion of the entire affair.

2245 Dead. How many more?

I love his point about confusing dissent and protest. When did it become illegal to voice a differing opinion in this country? Oh, I'd say it happened about the time "the people" elected a leader who can't handle and respond to criticism. As Greenwald's article points out, the Bush folks go to great lengths, legal and otherwise, to keep protestors clear of the President.

No comments: