The President is giving a speech this evening. Let me save you the 20 minutes. Here's what you'll hear:
The recent elections are a testament to the will and determination of the Iraqi people. Let freedom ring. Stay the course. We will not give in to terrorists. Freedom. Safety. All that jazz. Democracy is hard work. Stay the course. Victory. We will not leave the Iraqi people until the job is done. Freedom. Safety. Stay the course. Victory. Terrorists!
How many times are we going to hear the same thing? You know, I have no doubt the recent elections are an amazing accomplishment. My biggest gripe with this entire war, besides it being a violent solution to a problem that had non-violent solutions, has to do with the means by which the administration is trying to accomplish their ends. It's as if the administration decided the ends justified any means. I've been thinking about this for a couple days now; stay tuned for my discussion of ethics, means, and ends.
1 comment:
Thanks, Derek. I'm glad we skipped the whole affair. I'd rather see it covered in the foreign press than our own press, anyway.
Post a Comment