Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Unintended Consequences

It seems my Millemium Salmon answer to Friday's Feast tickled a few fancies. To be perfectly honest, that was a toss away answer. When I read the question, I had absolutely no idea how to respond. A half second later Millenium Salmon popped into my head, through my fingers, and onto the Internets. The positive response has been unanimous. K deemed the post "the geekiest thing I have ever heard from you. :)" In case you've forgotten, K keeps a Starfleet uniform in her closet and a copy of Neil Gaiman's latest comicbook/book/blogpost on her nightstand. High geek praise, indeed. Michael, on the other hand, gave it the " Oh my gosh, that's funny!" I once saw a laughing Mike squirt milk out of his nose. Ah, the joys of the RHS band lounge. While I'm glad he enjoyed the post, I hope dairy products were not within reach. T honored my post with mad props on her own blog. This is a blogger who posts about chickens in boxes, in-breeding jokes, and her Sith Lord children. Considering one of her recents posts is titled "All your zucchini are belong to us," I'm honored to have made the cut.

Although the name started as a joke, I now realize that any water going craft that might one day be piloted by me, Han Sole, and my trusty partner, Channelcatfish, must be named Millenium Salmon. Oddly enough, there's been some talk around the house about owning a canoe one day. Hmmmm . . .

4 comments:

Michael said...

Yes, all dairy products were in safe locations when I read the post. And thank you so much for sharing that band lounge experience with the rest of the world...

Michael said...

I personally wouldn't recommend naming a canoe "Millenium Salmon." You'll just end up feeling like you've paddled upstream all day...

dilliwag said...

Hehehe. Good one.

Michael said...

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here until Saturday. Don't forget to tip your server!

Actually, what I should have said is, "You'll just end up feeling like you've spent a thousand years paddling upstream." That idea occurred to me too late. ::sigh:: I'm losing my touch.