Motherhood Chic. We've been talking about popular culture representations of the U.S. American family at school. The hipness of motherhood is a new angle.
Coffee 101. Why didn't they offer this class when I was in school? Seriously, though, I'll have to give some thought to creating a class similar to the ones discussed in the article. Historically, coffee houses and salons have been a place of intellectual exchange and community building. Communication and the Coffee House anyone?
The Clash: Lennon & McCartney Redux? Were The Clash really a punk band? This author doesn't think so.
Remembering Hunter S. Thompson. Thompson never did much for me. Years ago, I tried to make it through Fear and Loathing and couldn't do it. More interesting, I think, is to try and understand why so many people were enamored with him. Thoughts?
Set Your Cathode Rays to Stun(ning). Some reflections on Sci-Fi's most excellent night of television. Since I teach with the guy, I thought I'd give him some props.
No comments:
Post a Comment