Around 7 PM last night, I finished a draft of my concluding chapter. The Conclusion isn't anything earth-shattering and doesn't offer any discipline transforming theory; we're talking the basic "here's what I done did" type conclusion. Works for me--let's hope it works for my advisor. After watching the first couple episodes of Wonderfalls with STK (thank the maker for the DVD release of cancelled series), I reformatted every chapter to fit the specs required by the Office of Graduate Studies. All told, the dissertation comes in at 200 pages, a little more with the Works Cited. I'm meeting with KLM, my dissertation writing partner this morning--she'll give me feedback on Chapter Seven and I'll probably ask her to do a quick, on the spot, read of the conclusion. After an afternoon editing session, I should be ready to overwhelm my advisor with a barrage of chapters tomorrow AM.
My skills are complete. Indeed, I am powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen.
7 comments:
Congratulations, Derek. Hopefully you'll be able to start focusing on packing now that the dissertation is done.
My skills are complete. Indeed, I am powerful, as the Emperor has foreseen.So...when do YOU become Emperor? ;)
<3 Susan
That's great, kid.
Don't get cocky.
Actually, scratch that last comment. What I should have said is this:
Don't be too proud of this 200-page terror you have constructed. The ability to discuss counterhegemonic subculturalism is insigificant compared to the power of tenure.In any case, congratulations!
Michael, that's just perfect.
Roflmao!
Thank you, thank you, I'll be here until Thurdsday. Make sure you tip your hostess. ;-)
Post a Comment