Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Technological Frustrations

Yesterday was the beginning of my last full semester as an adjunct instructor for my BA and MA alma matter. As in past semesters, I'm teaching a smorgasbord of communication studies courses: Interpersonal Communication, Women and Communication, and Communication and Popular Culture. Despite the addition of a last minute section, everything went without a hitch. Or so I thought . . .

Early last week I contacted the appropriate personnel to confirm the on-line availability of my course readings. "No worries," I was told. I also spent several hours putting together a simple WebCT site for Communication and Popular Culture. Again, all seemed well. Last night, however, I received several frantic emails regarding access to readings and the WebCT site. It turns out that my readings had NOT been posted and, due to a campus wide glitch, one full section of Pop Culture lacked access to my WebCT site. After a couple of well-placed emails, the reading issue is now a thing of the past. The WebCT issue, on the other, may not be resloved until later this week. In the mean time, I get to field bunches of panick emails ("I can't access the site!").

Welcome to the new semester

3 comments:

Michael said...

The little joys of being an educator are almost without number.

dilliwag said...

Aboslutely. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Michael said...

I want to be an educator when I grow up! ;-)