Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
It's official. The folks at Lucasfilm revealed the name of the final Star Wars prequel and I think it's a perfect choice. Yoda, Obi-wan, Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi will face the Revenge of the Sith. The title choice should elicit a smile from Star Wars history buffs. Return of the Jedi, the third film of the classic trilogy, was originally titled Revenge of the Jedi. At the last minute, Lucas decided that "revenge" wasn't an appropriate action for a Jedi Knight. In fact, there were a few Revenge of the Jedi movie posters printed back in 1983. I suspect the early versions are something of a collector's item.
Check out the cool Revenge of the Sith t-shirt. Yes, I'll be ordering one ASAP. I'm such a Star Wars geek.
May the Force be with you!
1 comment:
Revenge of the Sith -- excellent! Based on the title alone, it's bound to be better than Episodes I and II. Maybe Lucas will find his stride one final time and give us a movie worthy of the franchise. (And George, for the love of the Emperor, please let Carrie Fisher fix the dialogue before filming starts.)
May the Force be with us, one last time.
Post a Comment