Thursday, October 02, 2008

Sucking Sound

That giant sucking sound you're hearing is the Cubs' season going right down the toilet. That shattering sound is my heart breaking. Again. I'd hate this team if I didn't love them so damn much.

Wait 'til next year!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, they really beat themselves in game 2.

That might not help much.

Michael said...

Stupid *#$%&ing Dodgers.

dilliwag said...

Real Cubs fans had no expectations going into this series. This has happened FAR too often for anyone to think they had a realistic chance of making it beyond the NLCS. I read a piece earlier this week that designated the True Cubs Fan as someone who follows the team despite the losing years and the almost made its. So, Cubs Fans retain their special place as the Most Die Hard Fans in the Universe. Or the dumbest. Today, I'm not sure which.

Only four and half months until pitchers and catchers report!

Unknown said...

That's very zen of you, Derek.

Anonymous said...

The Canadian version of the Cubbie fan is the Maple Leafs fan. Can you say roller coaster ride?