Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kiss My Creative Ass

From Spartacus: Blood and Sand Executive Producer/Creator and Whedonverse alum Steven S. DeKnight:

Let me be perfectly blunt: censor groups and religious watchdogs can kiss my creative ass. I have no time for those who would hold themselves above the rest of society and claim moral authority to dictate what books we read, music we listen to, or entertainment we watch. These calls for censorship are often couched in the hysterical battle cry of “we must protect our children!” Yet it is a fine line between protecting our children and being treated like a child. This show is clearly designed for a mature audience. If your kid is watching it, well then you need to keep a better eye on your offspring, buddy.

Love it. If you don't like the content of something, don't read it, watch it, or listen to it. Period. Critique it, slam it, refuse to watch it, whatever. What you don't get to do is tell me what I should, or shouldn't, consume. I got that covered, thanks.

1 comment:

Lord Mhoram said...

I pretty much agree.

I won't watch any HBO or Showtime original series because of the swearing, nudity, sex and whatnot that is on almost every one of them. It disgusts me.

But I would never, ever tell anyone else that they shouldn't, or try and get it censored.