Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Frakin' A

Yes, I still live here. The last couple weeks I've been scrambling to:
  • Finish a couple house projects that needed finishing. The projects entailed far too much shoveling for my liking. The good news is that the projects are 100% complete.
  • Complete a competitive essay for an upcoming conference.
  • Pull everything together for the start of my fourth year at SMC. Classes start tomorrow and while I'm ready for the start of MWF courses, I'm still putting the finishing touches on my T/Th course. Same as it ever was.
  • Get over an end of the summer cold. I'm perfectly healthy all summer and my body decides to give in to the virus of the week just a few days before school starts? I've stopped producing tidal waves of snot but I'm still dragging major ass.
So, to keep everyone amused until I resume semi-regular blogging (I swear, I'm trying to get back in the habit of posting several times a week), I give you this fraking excellent article about the influence of popular culture on our everyday lives.

What the Frak
?

I think I might assign this as one of the first readings in my popular culture class. This is an excellent example of how popular culture changes the way we talk.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Yotz! That was a frelling good article!