Tuesday, August 05, 2008

He's Got the Look

The Case Against Crocs. Crocs have taken over our house. STK wears crocs, a black pair, on a regular basis. TLO wears crocs--red, green, black, desert camo--with the decorative studs placed strategically. His decorative studs in include Spider-man, jack-o-lantern, bats, and skulls. I also own a pair although mine are worn more around the house, like slippers, and its a rare occasion when I wear mine in public. I think the aother of piece is spot on in his fashion critique: "wearing sweaty bright purple clown shoes in public is not OK." Seriously, crocs really are some of the dorkiest looking shoes on the planet. And one should NEVER, EVER wear a shorts/crocs/socks combination. Summertime crocs and socks are a big NO; wintertime crocs and socks are a big GO. As long as you understand that, wear 'em if you got 'em.

Shorts Crack the Code. Is it just me or do these guys look like Buster Brown?

This trend is right up there with the short sleeve dress shirts/tie combination for me. No matter how hard you try to look professional in a short sleeve dress shirt and tie, you'll always wind up looking like Gilbert from Revenge of the Nerds. While I think nerds and geeks are mighty fine people, and count myself among the few able to pull off geek cool, this probably isn't the vibe for the workplace.

No comments: