The MRI revealed no significant soft tissue damage. My ligaments and tendons are okay. Hooray! What the MRI did reveal is a goodly amount of fluid/inflammation. The diagnosis proper: chronic synovitis. Dr. Footwork gave me a cortisone shot in the ankle joint, which is just loads of fun, to get a jump on the inflammation. For the next three weeks I'll also be doing physical therapy about every other day. The good news is that this is a very treatable injury. The bad news is that when synovitis goes untreated, it can turn into a lifetime problem.
Regardless, I'm off the ankle for a month but can ride the exercise bike as I see fit. Once the pain of the cortisone shot wears off--the injection usually results in an achy joint for a couple of days--I'll get back on the bike with a vengeance.
1 comment:
I got a cortisone shot in my ankle once, and I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Good luck on the rehab!
Post a Comment