The 2002 Nobel Peace Prize has been awarded to Jimmy Carter. While his presidency will go down as mediocre, at best, his accomplishments over the last twenty years have been remarkable.
Peace Prize
Committee Honors Carter, Disses Bush
As of this morning, the DC sniper has killed eight and wounded two others. It's time to find a scapegoat! I know, let's blame tarot cards and violent video games.
Sniper & Popular Culture
Tarot cards and video games? How about placing the blame where it belongs: guns. Please don't feed me any of that, "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." How about this: I'll hand a person a deck of tarot cards and see what kind of damage they can do. Look out, he's throwing the Ten of Pentacles! Better yet, how about an Xbox or Playstation2? Why don't I hear about anyone bludgeoned to death by an Xbox? Guns have one purpose: to inflict damage on living beings. If people need an answer, they need look no further than guns.
No comments:
Post a Comment